He was born on 7th July 1981 at the Jharkhand’s capital Ranchi. He completed his study at DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir. Initially he was very keen about the football and badminton and that passion was arise during his school days. MS Dhoni comes from a typical family where his father Pan Singh worked for MECON and his mother Devki Devi is a housewife. He has two siblings one elder brother named Narendra Singh Dhoni is politician and her sister Jayanti Gupta is a teacher. Dhoni was the goalkeeper of his football team and he was able to play for the district and state level but his football coach insist him to make career in cricket.
Early Career Of MS Dhoni:
From 1995-1998, he got entry into the local cricket club named Commando cricket club just because of his brilliant ablility to perform well in wicket keeping. In 1997/1998 season selector’s eyes was attracted by his best performances in the Vinoo Mankad Under-16 championship and next season Dhoni was selected for Bihar U-19 squad. In 1999/2000 he was selected to Bihar Ranji Trophy Squad just due to his improved batting and keeping skills. He done his first batting debut against the Assam team by scoring an unbeaten score of 68.
In 2003 season he scored his first century at a average of around 40 per game and he was also selected to India A team which went to Kenya tour to play a tri-series tournament with pakistan A as the third team. Dhoni made 362 runs at an average of 72.40 with back to back centuries against pakistan.
Mahinder got his place in the ODI squad in 2004/05 for the tour to Bangladesh just because of his sterling performances in domestic and international tours. He was run out as a duck in his debut match but in his 5th match against pakistan he became the rising star as a match winning player who scored 148 off 123 balls and he had recorded the highest score by an Indian wicket keeper and he also got his place in the side.
In Nov 2005, when there was a stiff target of 299 arose in the front of India team then he scored 183 off 145 balls and won the match. He also became the Man of that series and got the award for top scoring in the tournament with 346 runs. In Sept 2007 Dhoni bounced back with outstanding performances which helped him to be made the captain of Indian T20 Squad. He made his impact by winning the inaugural World cup T20 in South Africa. Then he became the the captain for test team in 2008. In 2009 ODIs at an average of 70.43, he scored 1198 runs in 24 innings as the highest scorer of the year. From 2008 to 2013 he has been the part of ICC World ODI XI for 6 years. The government of India gave him the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in the year 2008. He is one of the marketable players in the world and he advertises more than 15 products. He is the successful Indian sportsman we ever seen.
* In 2007 he was made the caption of Indian Cricket Team and came back with the trophy from South Aferica.
* After that he was made the permanent captain of cricket team for ODIs. In the next year he became the test team captain too and get the position of vice captain against Australia team. After the Anil Kumble retirement he became full time test captain.
* In 2011 he won the ICC Cricket World Cup and became the second Indian captain who did so after Kapil Dev.
* As a first Indian wicketkeeper he equalling Adam Gilchrist’s record in Jan 17, 2008.
* In his second inning of an ODI he knock of 183 not out as the highest score ever made by any cricketer. He also broke the Brain Lara’s Record of 153 not out scores.
* For the same match he made 183 scores from 10 sixes, 15 boundaries and 10 over boundaries.
* He declared his retirement from test cricket in 2014-2015.
* In his last test match he broke the record of Kumar Sangakkara of all time stumpings (134) and also broke the maximum number of dismissals.
* M.S. Dhoni surpassing the Sachin Tendulkar’s 217 record by scoring 224 in a test by Indian Captain.
* As a test captain he won 24 tests.
* After Ricky Ponting and Allan Border he become third captain to have won 100 ODIs.
* He is only the wicket keeper who took the wicket of Travis Dowlin of West Indies not as a wicket keeper or batsman but as a bowler. He proves himself in bowling too.
* In 2008, he was signed up with Chennai Super Kings in Indian Premier League and he won the trophy twice in last six seasons.
* Now we can see his captaining for Pune Supergiants in 2016 IPL.
In 2010 He got married with his childhood friend Sakshi. She was his classmate since his school time. Their families are colse friends as well. In Feb 2015 this beautiful couple welcomed a baby girl called Ziva.
One can get more details about Dhoni from the movie M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.